PLT 105 - Introduction to Plumbing Code
2 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: PLT 103
This course describes drainage and distribution systems designed and built for state, county and local codes and regulations. Emphasis is placed on water supply, drainage using Article XV of the current plumbing code and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) concepts.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply drainage and venting principles.
- Utilize rules and regulations Article XV of the plumbing code.
- Describe water general terminology with reference to water distribution, valves, sizing of water supply lines and green materials.
- Name water treatment principles.
- Vent drainage and distribution systems.
- Apply safety standards to venting.
- State, county and local plumbing codes
- Water distribution and drainage principles
- Sizing and selection of lines and valves within distribution systems
- Water treatment principles
- Venting of drainage and distribution systems
- LEED concepts
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Murphy, Michael Date Approved: 01/28/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)