ACC 110 - Accounting Applications
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: ACC 104
The course emphasizes payroll preparation, record keeping and tax reporting, special journal preparation and posting, subsidiary ledger record keeping, and month-end and year-end summarizing and reporting. Students will learn to use manual and computerized accounting systems.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Employ the use of specialized journals.
- Apply methods of payroll for a small or medium-size business.
- Develop reports for Federal, State and Local payroll taxes.
- Account for all entries in a manual practice set.
- Apply basic accounting knowledge to the completion of a computerized practice set.
- Specialized Journals
- Payroll Accounting
- Manual Accounting Systems
- Computerized Practice Set.
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Voucher System
- Petty Cash
- Stock Transactions
- Allowance for Doubtful Accounts
- Pennsylvania Sales and Use Taxes
Current textbook and a manual or computerized Practice Set.
Supplementary materials such as working papers, study guides, videos, handouts, library resources.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/11/2009
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)