Feb 07, 2023
ARA 101 - Elementary Arabic 1
3 Lecture Hours
This course develops the basic skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing Arabic. Students will study Arab culture including religion, dress, food and everyday life. Class participation includes exercises in pronunciation, reading, dictation, translation and grammatical patterns.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate basic communication skills of the Arabic language (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Recognize the modern Arabic language standards used all around the world.
- Describe Arab cultures including religion, dress, food and everyday life.
- Recognize and comprehend Arabic messages and make use of learned vocabulary in replies.
- Arabic alphabet
- Vocabulary and sentence structure
- Different Arabic dialects
- Arab countries
- Arab cultures
Textbook, Internet, DVDs.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/05/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)