ART 207 - Drawing 2
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 109
This course emphasizes the study of human form as it has been described from the Renaissance to modern times. There is exploration of various wet and dry media as applied to various surfaces.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the human form in a more complex and in-depth method.
- Identify the human anatomical form and structure.
- Show line, shape, and volume as it relates to rendering the human figure in a variety of drawing media
- Investigation of the human form through muscular and skeletal structure studies
- Use of light, dark, and positive/negative relationships to express volumetric development
- Development of individual conceptual awareness
- Investigation of old master drawing techniques
- Exploration and employment of various media
In class demonstrations of the posed model
Videos, films and library research with optional and required texts
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)