ART 222 - Painting 2
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 122 or ART 109 & ART 148
This course is a continuation of ART 122 and for students planning to extend the study of art to the media of paint. Studio exercises include the study of the figure, still life and landscape.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- The student is to develop an improved skill level by practicing the various methods affiliated with the media.
- Refinement of a style with an individual concept.
- Appreciation for the various methods and style in creating an image.
- Research into a particular style or technique and demonstrate through several examples a high level of competency.
- Demonstrations of advanced techniques not illustrated in the introductory course
- Further development and control of materials associated with painting and the selected techniques
Textbook & handouts, library and museum.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 01/18/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)