ART 258 - Ceramics 3
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 237
This course builds on previous knowledge acquired in ART 137 and ART 237 . Working closely with the instructor the student will further define and refine his/her personal direction in ceramics.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Show a greater appreciation and a deeper understanding of the ceramic medium.
- Demonstrate the ability to express this new-found knowledge through the manipulation of the clay and finished ceramic work.
- Identify significant perspectives in ceramics as they relate to the individual student's work.
- Critique of student work including
- Glaze approach
- Aesthetic values
- Technical expertise
2. Review of student's developing works to identify and encourage potentially promising direction
3. Explore historically relevant work as it relates to the student's individual work
4. Kiln design and function
Clay, clay tools
Research of specific times, periods, and/or genres throughout ceramic history
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)