ATE 106 - Emission Inspector Certification
1 Skills Lab Hours
This course is a Pennsylvania state-directed Emission Inspector Certification Program. It is designed for anyone wishing to become certified in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to perform emission inspections on passenger cars and light trucks. The course is graded on a pass/fail basis. The student will be required to enroll in Pennsylvania’s online training portal. There are additional testing and material fees associated with this enrollment that require credit card payment. Students must be 18 years of age and hold a valid drivers license. Students must achieve a score of at least 80% on the Pennsylvania online training portal website to pass this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the causes and effects of air pollution on the environment.
- Recall the purpose and methods of the Pennsylvania State Inspection Program and its test procedures.
- Identify emission inspection components, their functions and configurations.
- Identify emission test equipment operation, calibration and maintenance.
- Pennsylvania automotive emission regulations and inspection methods
- Emission control components and visual inspections
- Exhaust gas analysis
- Air pollution
- Public relations
- Quality control procedures
- Safety and health issues
Pennsylvania’s online training portal
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 10/11/2019
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)