ATE 151 - Automotive Climate Systems
4 Skills Lab Hours
This course covers the principles of refrigeration, air conditioning controls and the diagnosis, trouble-shooting and repair of automotive heating and air conditioning systems. Certain course sections will be manufacturer specific.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify refrigerant properties.
- Use tools to recover, evacuate and recharge an automotive/light truck air conditioning system.
- Explain and demonstrate removal and replacement procedures for air conditioning/heating components.
- Use diagnostic equipment, leak detection, flushing, fluorescent dye and refrigerant identification.
- Diagnose problems in the passenger compartment of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform electrical circuit diagnosis and repairs associated with HVAC systems.
- Interpret the Federal Certification under Section 609.
- Basic theory and operation of HVAC systems
- Automotive/light truck refrigeration system diagnosis and repair
- Case duct system disassemble and reassemble
- Multi-zone air conditioning system
- Front/rear air conditioning system diagnosis and repair
- Heating and cooling system
- Recovery, evacuation and recharge equipment
- Leak detection/dye equipment to diagnose A/C leaks
- Federal Certification under Sec. 609
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 12/21/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)