AVT 215 - Flight/Commercial 2
2 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: AVT 205 and AVT 211
This course is a continuation of the commercial flight course. It includes the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) required hours of instruction in a complex aircraft and flight experience including pre and post flight briefings as well as dual and solo flights. A second class medical certificate is required to take this course. For successful completion of the course, the student must successfully pass the FAA Part 141 commercial pilot practical exam. The FAA required minimum flight hours in this course are 60 hours; however, the actual flight hours may vary based on student proficiency.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Execute minimum and maximum performance maneuvers.
- Demonstrate complex aircraft operations.
- Define the operations and limitations of a commercial pilot.
- Pass the FAA Part 141 commercial pilot practical exam.
- Commercial pilot operations
- Complex aircraft operations
- Maximum performance maneuvers
- Stall/spin awareness
- Commercial maneuvers
Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), instrument flight information charts, National Aeronautical Charting Office (NACO) and the Internet.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/06/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)