Jun 25, 2022
BUS 103 - Principles of Management
3 Lecture Hours
This is an introduction to the theory and principles of organization and management. The management process is studied, including the areas of planning, organizing and control.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate the fundamental elements involved in the management process.
- Explain the role of Human Resources Management.
- Apply management principles, ideas, and concepts to an organization.
- Analyze the various dimensions of the environment that affect business operations.
- Overview of Managerial Philosophies
- Communication Process
- Motivational Theories
- Decision Making Process--Quantitative and Qualitative
- Groups and Group Dynamics
- Leadership, Authority and Power With an Emphasis on the Role of Power, I.E. to acquire Power, Gain Additional Power, Abuse Power, Etc.
- Planning, Organizing, Developing, Controlling
- Ethics in the Workplace
Supplementary materials such as study guides, videos, handouts, library resources.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 02/25/2005
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)