BUS 251 - Business Law 1
3 Lecture Hours
A study of law and the court system in business. Topics include the law of contracts, enforceable agreements, operation and discharge as well as remedies at law and in equity.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify and explain the Federal and various State court systems.
- Develop a knowledge of Federal laws and codes and various State laws and codes related to business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of private contractual practices.
- Analyze business law cases.
- The legal system and the legal environment of business
- Personal property
- Commercial paper/negotiable instruments
- Mediation and arbitration
Supplementary materials such as study guides, videos, handouts, library resources.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 01/13/2005
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)