FLM 121 - Special Effects Makeup
2 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
This course introduces students to practical film special effects makeup. The student will learn to lifecast a model and use the lifecast to sculpt, mold, cast and apply a full face prosthetic.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Execute the application of a full face foam latex prosthetic.
- Apply a lifecast on a fellow student.
- Create a corrected positive of the lifecast.
- Sculpt a prosthetic using oil based clay.
- Incorporate constructive criticism in special effects makeup.
- Utilize the design as incorported within material parameters.
- Foam latex
Lectures, Films, Videos, Textbooks
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 12/01/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)