FLM 122 - Mask Making and Casting 1
1 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
This course introduces students to practical film special effects. The students will sculpt, mold and cast a latex mask of their own design.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify a basic understanding of sculpture in regards to mask making and how it relates to film special effects.
- Examine how to sculpt a mask using water-based clay.
- Develop applicable techniques to mold a mask using traditional stone molding.
- Exercise techniques to cast a mask out of latex and prep for paint.
- Finish mask for use.
- Incorporate constructive criticism in mask making and casting.
Lectures, Films, Videos, Textbooks
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 12/01/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)