HAC 107 - EPA Refrigerant Certification Preparation
1 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: Departmental permission required
This course will assist the student in preparing for the EPA refrigerant usage certification exam. Additionally, the three types of certification (Type I, Type II and Type III) will be reviewed.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Discuss past, present and future refrigerants.
- List safety issues related to refrigerants.
- Discuss the types of oils used with various refrigerants.
- Discuss the environmental issues related to ozone depletion.
- Determine the three R's and when to use them: recovery, recycle and reclaim.
- Examine and analyze information as it relates to Type I certification on the EPA exam.
- Examine and analyze information as it relates to Type II certification on the EPA exam.
- Examine and analyze information as it relates to Type III certification on the EPA exam.
- Ozone depletion
- Recovery, recycle and reclaim
- Refrigerant chemistry
- Clean Air Act of 1990 and the law
- Refrigerant oils and their application
- Transportation of recovery cylinders
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/18/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)