FLM 231 - Grip and Electric 2
1 Lecture Hours 4 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: FLM 131
This course expands upon the techniques, skills and vocabulary learned in FLM 131 - Grip and Electric 1. Multiple lighting and rigging exercises will be performed. Students will become acquainted with intermediate to advanced lighting and grip techniques and grip equipment.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate advanced function beyond the entry level capacity of a film grip or electrician.
- Develop expertise with moving lights and dimmers.
- Identify proper green and blue screen lighting techniques.
- Develop dolly grip techniques.
- Expand expertise with specialized lighting instruments.
- Utilize large rigging tools.
- Examine single phase and three phase power distribution and their parameters.
- Recognize the needs of a location shoot from a lighting and grip perspective.
- Blue and green screen lighting techniques
- Color correction and temperature
- Laying and leveling dolly track
- Specialized lighting fixtures
- Rigging techniques and tools
- Single and three phase power
Film, Video, Internet, Textbook
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 02/14/2019
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)