FLM 251 - Advanced Scenic Paint and Location Work
2 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: FLM 150
This course expands upon the skills developed in FLM 150 - Scenic Paint for Film. Students will be introduced to advanced techniques required to paint on location. Spraying, mold making, marbling, staining and varnishing will be covered. Opportunities to paint on a film or theatre set will be offered.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Examine advanced painting techniques.
- Operate spraying equipment properly.
- Participate on a student paint crew.
- Demonstrate the functions of a scenic charge.
- Identify new materials and applications.
- Crew hierarchy and responsibilities
- Scheduled day preparation
- Stains and varnish
- Care and storage of budgeted items
- Spraying and safety
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) compliance
- Budgeting and recordkeeping
Lecture, Films, Videos, Textbooks
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 02/14/2019
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)