FLM 261 - Cinematography 2
2 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: FLM 161
This course builds upon skills learned in FLM 161 - Cinematography 1. Students will learn advanced visual composition in film and television. Students will demonstrate an understanding of picture techniques to produce a meaningful and cohesive visual story. Students will interact with film crews to complete projects.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply custom look-up tables (LUT).
- Examine the history of film techniques, previous cinematic styles and advanced technology.
- Shoot a film from start to finish using student crews.
- Compose a daily production journal.
- Develop advanced skills with camera and equipment.
- Crew hierarchy and responsibilities
- Advanced camera skills
- Coloring the final product
- Scheduled day preparation
- Budgeting and recordkeeping
- Visual choices and style
Lecture, Films, Videos, Textbooks, Cameras and Film Equipment.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 02/14/2019
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)