MUS 130 - Class Voice 1
3 Studio Hours
This is an introductory course designed to develop students’ singing skills. It addresses basic techniques of vocal production with a focus on the Bel Canto technique of singing. Lectures and activities include exercises designed to develop students’ vocal skills; solo and ensemble rehearsals; and vocal performances.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe the various aspects of vocal production.
- Demonstrate, in vocal performances, a use of posture, breath control, vocal placement and articulation consistent with the Bel Canto technique.
- Analyze specific vocal challenges in various songs.
- Analyze the relationship between text and music in various songs.
- Evaluate vocal performances
- Vocal anatomy
- Bel Canto technique
- Song interpretation
- Performance etiquette
textbook, sheet music, CDs, internet
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 01/07/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)