SOE 210 - Industrial Maintenance 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: SOE 201
This course is a continuation of industrial Maintenance 1 and provides advanced training for fundamental maintenance and troubleshooting principles, procedures and practices in a system format. Systems include electrical, refrigeration, boiler, HVAC, mechanical, fluid power, welding, programmable controllers and preventive maintenance.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Define and explain Inductance & R-L Circuits, Capacitance & R-C Circuits, R-L-C Series & Parallel Circuits, Power Factor Correction, Three-Phase Circuits and Three-Phase Power Factor Correction.
- List Applications for Conductor Selection & Sizing, Conductor Color Code, Raceway Selection and Raceway Sizing.
- Demonstrate Basic Transformers, Three-Phase Transformers, Primary Distribution Systems, Consumer Distribution Systems and Grounding Systems.
- Explain DC Generators, DC Motors, Alternators, Three-Phase Motors and Single-Phase Motors.
- Categorize Two-Wire Controls, Three-Wire Controls, Multiple Start/Stop Controls, Forward/Reverse Controls, Speed Control, Speed Control, Jog Control, Miscellaneous Control, Multiple Motor Starter Control, Sequential Starting Control, Various Starting Methods and Braking.
- Utilize DC Drives, Troubleshooting DC Drives, Inverter Drives and Troubleshooting Inverter Drives.
- Illustrate PLC Components, I/O Wiring, and Programming.
- Demonstrate skill in Gas Welding Safety, Setup Procedures, Shutdown Procedures, Types of Flames, Puddling and Running a Bead, Types of Welds, Types of Joints and Welding Positions.
- Refine skills and techniques with Arc Welding Safety, Arc Welding Components, Striking the Arc, Running a Bead, Types of Welds, Types of Joints and Common Problems of Arc Welding.
- Discuss History, Planning and Coordinating, Hazardous & Confined Locations and Executing the PM.
- List Four Rules of Electrical Maintenance and Maintenance Responsibility.
- Industrial Maintenance Fundamentals
- Types of Systems
- Preventive Maintenance
Supplementary Materials such as study guides, workbooks, CD, videos, handouts, library resources.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 05/14/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)