Jan 28, 2023
AVT 265 - Cert Flight Instrct/Instrm Airpln Flight
1 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: AVT 255 AVT 250
Co-requisites: AVT 260
This course prepares the commercial pilot to meet the FAA 141 flight requirements for the CFI-A certification. The estimated minimum flight hours required in this course are 10 hours, which will cover practice teaching, flight theory and analysis of flight maneuvers. However, the actual flight hours may vary based on student proficiency.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Pass the FAA Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane Practical Exam.
- Demonstrate the theories of learning/teaching and effective communication.
- Apply the principles of lesson plan and syllabus development.
- Demonstrate the use of the students’ portfolio of FAA instrument flight theory and certification maneuvers, lesson plans and handouts.
- Demonstrate classroom and in-flight teaching techniques.
- Analyze knowledge of evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrate the application of FAA Instrument regulations.
- Demonstrate the proper use of FAA documentation.
- Teaching theory
- Effective communication
- Lesson plan development
- Syllabus development
- Instrument flight theory and certification maneuvers
- Ground school techniques
- In-flight instruction techniques
- Evaluation theory and techniques
- FAA documentation and IFR regulations
- FAA documentation and regulations
Jeppesen Certified Flight Instructor kit, FAR/AIM Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, Airplane Flying Handbook, Fundamentals of Instructing Handbook, FAA Fundamentals of Instruction and Certified Flight/ground instructor written exam study guides, FAA Private pilot and Commercial Pilot Practical Test Standards
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)