BTC 204P - Biotechnology Internship
2 Lecture Hours 120 Practicum Hours
Prerequisites: BTC 202 and Cumulative GPA 2.0
This course provides practical work experience at one of the affiliated biotech industries or university research facilities. Techniques learned in biology/biotechnology labs are applied in an actual laboratory setting to give the student more experience while learning practical applications for laboratory procedures. Performance evaluation of student by faculty coordinator and employer. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Write competency-based goals to support specific laboratory skills to be utilized in experiments.
- Construct a logbook or research notebook of all laboratory/work-related experiences.
- Demonstrate personal and professional skills, including an acceptable work record, as required by host laboratory.
- Evaluate protocols using proper equipment to collect data in the laboratory.
- Summarize the internship experience in a written document, outlining laboratory techniques utilized in the internship.
- Topics will be determined by nature of internship experience.
Will be provided by faculty coordinator and employer
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 04/11/2019
- Quantitative and Scientific Reasoning
- Technological Competence
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)