CRT 211 - Court Transcription 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: CRT 111
This course offers advanced proficiency in English grammar, usage and punctuation with emphasis on advanced proficiency in editing, proofreading and correction of text in court reporting transcripts. Development of Case CATalyst software skills required in the production of corrected transcripts is also emphasized.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Develop advanced proficiency in English language skills including grammar, usage and punctuation.
- Utilize advanced research skills.
- Develop advanced skills in editing, proofreading and correction of text.
- Develop proficiency in Case CATalyst software.
- Use Case CATalyst software to produce corrected, accurate transcripts.
- English grammar, punctuation and usage
- Proofreader’s symbols
- Spelling and researching
- Proofreading, editing and correcting of text for accuracy
- Software training
A textbook will be required
Audio-visual Materials: Course material available at class Blackboard site on http://courses.ccac.edu/ and supplemental material on the internet
Open Lab, Tutoring, etc.: Library 311A Practice Lab
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/11/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)