DAN 102 - Modern Dance 2
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: DAN 101
In this class, students will increase the technical skills acquired in Modern Dance 1. Muscular strength, flexibility and cardiovascular capacity will be increased. Compositional tools will be presented, enabling the students to use dance as a means of artistic expression.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate their knowledge of dance as an art form.
- Perform dance combinations at an intermediate level.
- Show an increase in their muscular strength, flexibility, kinesthetic awareness and cardiovascular capacity.
- Choreograph a short dance composition with clear thematic development.
- Prepare a paper analyzing the dance work in terms of form and content after attending a professional dance production.
- Flexibility exercises
- Intermediate dance techniques
- Dance phrases to develop an understanding of the use of body weight.
- Compositional concepts (Theme and Variation)
Videotapes of Dance Masterworks.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 05/02/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)