DAN 231P - Dance Practicum 4
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: DAN 230P
This course is a continuation of the study in the practical application of dance performance techniques. Students will participate in both student and faculty choreographed works, culminating in a fully produced dance concert. All aspects of dance performance, choreography, and production will be explored and refined.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate advanced level modern dance technique.
- Employ use of compositional techniques to choreograph dances with clear thematic development.
- Demostrate the ability to dance with nuance and sensitivity to the music.
- Illustrate the understanding of rhythm, melody and mood of the music in dance.
- Coordinate production elements.
- Preparing the body for dance, stretching and exercise
- Music selection and appropriateness
- Choreography, meter, and movement
- Mental and physical preparedness, focus and listening
- Dance performance in front of an audience
Books, videotapes, music, tapes, and possible field trips to other dance companies will be used.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/27/2009
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)