DAT 281 - Project in Data Analytics
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: DAT 201
This course is an advanced level project-based course for students in the Data Analytics program. Students will gain comprehensive experience and demonstrate their competence in applying the knowledge and skills learned in this program to real or hypothetical case studies. While students are encouraged to identify and work on projects in actual business or non-profit organizations, they may also work on equivalent hypothetical cases mutually agreed upon by the students and the instructor. The coursework culminates in a portfolio that will be used to evaluate student competencies in the program.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate different forecasting techniques.
- Use appropriate database for specific forecast.
- Demonstrate data analytics forecasting.
- Demonstrate collaboration on data analysis.
- Present portfolio using data visualization techniques.
- Forecasting techniques
- Database forecasting
- Forecasting with data
- Collaboration in data analysis
- Data visualization
Text, database, computer lab.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/10/2017
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)