Associate of Science
This program prepares students to support civil engineers, architects, consulting engineers and contractors in a variety of applications such as structural drafting and design, public works, construction, inspection, transportation, surveying and environmental engineering. Students learn sustainability technology, technical problem solving and material testing which enables them to pursue careers as civil engineering technicians, CAD drafters, construction materials testing, land surveyors and surveying technicians.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will:
- Prepare civil and structural drawings using twodimensional and three-dimensional CAD software.
- Apply the knowledge of construction terminology, construction materials, construction methods and soil mechanics and describe their influence on construction and site development.
- Analyze the physical problems and assets of a building site to produce a logical esthetic solution to site development.
- Utilize surveying and GPS equipment to create construction surveys, boundary surveys, control surveys and mapping.
- Demonstrate the application of surveying techniques to highway surveying.
- Explain the impact of green or sustainable technologies to site plan development in ways that will not harm the environment or deplete natural resources.