Associate of Science
The Music program prepares the student for transfer to a four-year institution with a broad college background demonstrating personal skill and knowledge in music.
Upon completion of this program, graduates may find employment in the fields of music performance, music education, music administration, music therapy or music technology.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Sight read music written in standard Western music notation.
- Identify and notate musical patterns presented aurally.
- Demonstrate artistic self-expression with fluent technical skills in performance.
- Analyze music from the common practice period of Western music history.
- Identify the historical context of musical compositions presented aurally.