Associate of Science
This program trains you to meet the requirements for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Pilot Single/Multi-engine Land License with an Instrument rating.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate flight competency and exceed FAA minimum requirements of pilot proficiency in the required aircraft.
- Identify, analyze and operate in adverse meteorological conditions.
- Synthesize and apply new and existing technologies in the field of aviation.
- Apply crew resource management skills and demonstrate professional appearance.
- Define professional, ethical and social responsibilities of aviation professionals as they relate to the regional and national community.
A minimum of a second-class medical is required for program entry.
Flight instruction for the student is through a college-approved, FAA and Veterans Administration certified FAR141 fixed base operator. All flight-training fees are in addition to college tuition and fees.
Upon completion of this program, graduates may find employment as a corporate/charter pilot, freight pilot, flight instructor or an aerial/geographic mapping pilot. Preliminary training for military pilot is also provided. In some areas, additional schooling may be required and students can transfer to a four-year college.