2019-2020 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Multimedia Game Simulation, Certificate (109)
The Multimedia Game Simulation certificate provides opportunities to learn about the game design and simulation practices. Additionally, students are exposed to industry standard hardware, software and development pipelines. Beginning with frameworks and project practices, then moving into design and practicing with the software, this certificate provides an intense yet quick option to help students prepare for the industry. Skills developed through this certification are applicable to industry needs for game design, testing and simulations.
This certificate is an excellent opportunity for working professionals who are considering the gamification of their projects and training and are not aware of the options available or the process to begin the training. Students who are focusing on other disciplines and wish to add the use of video games and simulation to their skills for cross disciplinary design are also well served by the certificate.
Furthermore, students who complete the certification can continue into the CIT-Multimedia Programming, Simulation & Gaming (108) to earn an Associate of Science degree. The certificate also serves to prepare students to continue into a four-year institution to continue their education to a Bachelor's level.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will.
- Apply 2D and 3D animation concepts to design and develop a single-level game.
- Utilize programming skills to create simulation and animation.
- Create a game and simulation from concept to completion.
- Utilize Maya, Blender and Action Script in simulation and game programming.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with team members and players in the development of games and simulation.