PLT 106 - Plumbing Blueprint Reading
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: PLT 100
Students will learn to interpret and communicate plumbing designs on construction blueprints. Topics include sketching, abbreviations, symbols and illustrated views of piping systems.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Translate basic plumbing symbols and abbreviations.
- Interpet basic residential architectural blueprints.
- Illustrate simple sketches of piping systems.
- Distinguish different illustrated views of a piping system.
- Recognize basic drafting tools and techniques.
- Plumbing symbols and abbreviations
- Architectural blueprints and symbols
- Piping diagrams
- Architectural layout and design
- Design tools and techniques
Instructor-approved plumbing textbooks, workbook and handouts.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 11/19/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)