PLT 204 - Maintenance Plumbing
4 Lecture Hours
This course prepares students to recognize water supply, drain waste and vent problems. Diagnostic methods and repairs are practiced in a laboratory environment. Conservation fixtures and appliances are discussed and analyzed.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Recognize plumbing tools and discuss related safety practices.
- Compare and contrast replacement versus repair of leaky fixtures.
- Detect and repair drain restrictions.
- Analyze and service hot water systems.
- Test, adjust and maintain automated conservation fixtures.
- Apply conservation methods to promote a green environment.
- Plumbing tools and safety
- Fixture repair and replacement
- Drain, waste and vent systems
- Hot water systems
- Conservation fixtures and appliances
Instructor-approved plumbing textbooks, workbook and handouts.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 12/13/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)