ART 252 - Painting 3
5 Studio Hours
This course is a continuation of ART 222 . Emphasis is on developing a personal style through a series of works. Studio exercises may include the human figure and still life.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify and apply advanced theories of painting in both wet and dry techniques to a variety of surfaces.
- Create a serious of progressive works demonstrating their knowledge and understanding of advanced painting theories.
- Analyze painting masters or stylized movements in art to create a selection of individual works.
- Evaluate and discuss various approaches to the materials and techniques
- Discuss evolution of personal style
- Explore themes as it applies to series of paintings
THE ARTIST HANDBOOK OF MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES by Ralph Mayer
THE ARTIST HANDBOOK by Roy Smith
THE NORTHLIGHT HANDBOOK OF ARTISTS MATERIAL by Hebblewhite
Audio visual – film, videos and field trip
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)