CAR 206 - Carpentry Drafting and Blueprint Reading 4
2 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: CAR 205
This course deals with the interpretation of technical drawings, isometric drawings and building plans. Students interpret three-dimensional, sectional, schematic and exploded views. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) concepts will be discussed.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Outline door and hardware specifications using blueprints.
- Draft a window material list from blueprints.
- Interpret LEED specifications using blueprints.
- Estimate labor hours for specific jobs using blueprints.
- Door and hardware materials
- Window materials
- LEED concepts
- Estimating labor
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/06/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)