Feb 02, 2023
DAN 130P - Dance Practicum 1
3 Skills Lab Hours
In this class there is the practical application of dance performance techniques. Students will participate in both student and faculty choreographed works, culminating in a fully produced dance concert in the South Campus Theatre. All aspects of dance performance, choreography and production will be explored and refined.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Choreograph a dance for public performance.
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach to rehearsals.
- Communicate with an audience through dance.
- Give and receive feedback and apply corrections.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team member with the production staff during technical rehearsals.
- Preparing the body for dance: stretching and exercise.
- Music selection and appropriateness.
- Choreography, space, time, force, and theme and variation.
- Mental and physical preparedness, focus and listening.
- Performing in front of an audience.
Books, videotapes, music, tapes, and possible field trips to other dance companies will be used.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 02/01/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)