EDU 155 - Humor in the Classroom
1 Lecture Hours
This course explores the use of humor as a method of creating an environment conducive to learning in a classroom or in other situations where growth and learning are the expected outcomes.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe the importance of humor in a learning environment.
- Relate humor techniques to aspects of mental and physical health.
- Identify the range of human emotions, from happiness to sadness.
- Evaluate the appropriate use of humor in a classroom or any other environment to promote learning.
- Examine and analyze the examples of humor in literature, entertainment and politics.
- Develop lessons utilizing humor techniques.
- Definitions of humor
- Techniques of using humor
- Humor in literature
- Humor in politics
- Impact of humor on mental and physical health
- Techniques for inclusion of humor in teaching
- Impact of sensory input on learning
- Humor and the media
- Gender and ethnic humor
No text book is required.
Instructor developed handout materials.
Access to Internet media.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/28/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)