FLM 111 - Introduction to Film Technician
3 Lecture Hours
This course introduces the various crew positions employed in the film industry. Construction, scenic paint, grip, electric, props, set dressing, wardrobe and special effects make-up will be introduced to the student to help with choosing a specialty.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Define the responsibilities of each crew position.
- Compare and contrast the film crew skills required for each crew position.
- Identify career goals to available skill set.
- Develop an individualized plan leading to a career as a film technician.
- Construction techniques
- Scenic paint techniques
- Grip techniques
- Set lighting technician techniques
- Props techniques
- Set dressing techniques
- Wardrobe techniques
- Special effects make-up techniques
Lecture, Films, Videos, Textbooks, Cameras and Film Equipment
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 12/01/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)