HEO 202 - Equipment Operations 3
4 Lecture Hours 6 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: HEO 106
This course covers the work processes and safety methods that must be utilized to complete the numerous tasks assigned to the following equipment: dozer, loader, grader, scrapers, backhoe, and excavator. Tasks covered include: excavating, grading, shaping, sloping, cut and fill operations, lifting techniques, and hydraulic hammer use. It also covers the tasks and techniques assigned to the rubber-tired excavator or Gradall operator including trenching, sloping, and fine-grade operations.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- List and explain the work processes required for major pieces of heavy equipment used at various construction sites.
- Demonstrate the various safety processes that should be employed when operating the major pieces of heavy equipment used at construction sites.
- Demonstrate excavating, grading, shaping, sloping, cut and fill operations, lifting techniques and hydraulic hammer use.
- Demonstrate trenching, sloping and fine-grade operations.
- Work Processes for Heavy Construction Equipment
- Safety Processes Used in the Operation of Heavy Construction Equipment
- Excavating, Grading, Shaping, Sloping, Cut and Fill Operations and Lifting Techniques
- Rubber Tire Excavator
- Trenching, Sloping and Fine-Grade Operations
- Earthmoving Equipment, IUOE
- Grading and Ditching, IUOE
- Operating techniques Tractor/Loader-Backhoe, Equipment Training Resources
- Grader Safety, AEM
- Hydraulic Excavator Safety, AEM
- Skid Steer Safety, AEM
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 09/11/2008
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)