RES 112 - Respiratory Equipment 2
3 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: RES 111 , PHY 123
Co-requisites: BIO 209 , RES 114
A continuation of RES 111 Respiratory Equipment 1. Emphasis is placed on mechanical ventilators and the proper care of patients on mechanical ventilation. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe the indications/hazards of mechanical ventilation.
- Describe the different types of mechanical ventilation.
- Describe the difference between pressure and volume ventilation.
- Identify which type of ventilation mode the patient is on, given a patient on a mechanical ventilator.
- Introduction to Mechanical Ventilators
- Types of Mechanical Ventilators
- Pressure Set and Volume Set Ventilators
- Application of Mechanical Ventilators to the Patient
Respiratory Therapy Equipment, C.V. Mosby Company, Latest Edition
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/26/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)