RES 114 - Respiratory Therapy 2
3 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: RES 113 , RES 111 , PHY 123
Co-requisites: RES 112 , BIO 209
A continuation of RES 113 Respiratory Therapy 1. Emphasis is placed on special respiratory conditions and the proper care of patients with respiratory diseases. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Observe and assess patients’ vital signs.
- Obtain and analyze an arterial blood gas.
- Assess and identify patients’ lung sounds.
- Measure patients’ compliance and resistance.
- Module I - Introduction to Theory II
- Module II - Physical Assessment
- Module III - Acid-Base Physiology and Blood Gas Analysis
- Module IV - Pathophysiology
- Module V - Chest Physical Therapy and Related Procedures
Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care
Mosby-Yearbook, Inc., Latest Edition.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)