DAN 202 - Modern Dance 4
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: DAN 101 , DAN 102 , DAN 201
In this class, students will refine their skills as dancers. Advanced level exercises will challenge the students physically and artistically. Performances techniques will be developed as well as choreography for large groups.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of dance as an art form within a cultural and historical context.
- Perform dance combinations at an advanced level.
- Show an increase in their muscular strength, flexibility, kinesthetic awareness and cardiovascular capacity.
- Choreograph a dance composition utilizing more than one dancer.
- Prepare a paper analyzing the dance work in terms of form and content after attending a professional dance production.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Intermediate advanced dance technique.
- Dance phrases to develop an understanding of the use of body weight and flow of movement.
- Application of human animation software to choreography.
- Compositional concepts (theme, variation, and counterpoint)
- Overview of twentieth century modern dance history.
Videotapes of Dance Masterworks.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 05/02/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)