Allegheny, Boyce, South
This certificate program is drawn from the degree program, especially designed for persons who desire to improve job skills or who wish to retrain for an entry-level position in the paralegal field. Paralegals are employed by banks, real estate offices, title companies, brokerage houses, corporations, governmental agencies and lawyers/law firms. It is offered primarily for those holding an associate's or Bachelor's degree in another field.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Prepare and develop case-related materials for civil and criminal litigation.
- Locate, identify and interpret legal principles applicable to specific client cases identifying issues generally applicable to various areas of substantive law.
- Prepare documents utilized in various areas of substantive law and conduct legal research in both traditional and digital environments.
- Analyze procedural issues which arise in litigation, real estate, probate, criminal and family areas of law.
- Employ accurate terminology of the field and use a professional tone in all communications.