Jun 17, 2024  
2021-2022 Catalog 
2021-2022 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Appendix B College Refund and Drop Policies

As you consider whether you want to drop and/or add a class or classes, you should be aware of the following rules:

  • No tuition and refundable fees will be dropped from the 15% point of the term forward. Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions may be of varying lengths, each with their own drop dates. These drop dates are published in the Credit Schedule and on ccac.edu. You may also consult the Registration and Advisement office at your campus for information on drop dates.
  • All tuition and refundable fees will be dropped when you drop your classes before the first day of the semester. If you are due a refund it will be in the form of a check or credit to your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) if applicable, or directly to your checking or savings account if you are enrolled in direct deposit through eRefunds PLUS.

If you drop a course within the published drop period, you will receive a partial refund in tuition and a 100 percent refund for refundable fees. The remaining portion of your tuition and 100 percent of non-refundable fees are forfeited.  See current tuition and fee schedule to determine refund percentages.

If you drop a course within the published drop period and add a class of equal credits at the same time, no tuition is  forfeited. It is automatically counted toward the costs of the added class. No tuition funds are lost to you.

Pay Your Tuition

Please be advised that once you are registered, you are responsible for payment of tuition and fees. There are four ways to pay the charges that are billed to your student account.

  1. You can pay registration costs with personal funds.  The college accepts cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.  You can make payments in full in person at any Student Accounts office or on ccac.edu.
  2. A third party (i.e. employer/third party agency) can guarantee payment by signing a contract. A copy of that contract should be presented to the cashier. Contract forms are available at the Student Accounts office on each campus and on ccac.edu.
  3. You can be awarded financial aid which can pay for all or some of your registration costs. You should contact the Financial Aid office prior to registration to find out about your financial aid options.
  4. You can setup a tuition payment plan for your semester registration costs.  Enrollment is available online through the Online Student Account Center.  Refer to the current schedule of classes for the most current tuition payment plan information or visit any Student Accounts office for assistance.
  5. Veterans, service members and family members may use military and veteran Funding (GI Bill, MyCAA, or Military Tuition Assistance).  You must contact Military and Veteran Services at 412.237.6503 for more information.

Detailed information regarding these payment options is available at ccac.edu/payment-options/

Student Financial Responsibility

Student acknowledges that all financial assistance received in connection with his or her attendance at the College, including all loans, scholarships, grants, stipends, sponsorships, payment plans or other financial aid, constitute educational loans or educational benefits that are non-dischargeable under Section 523(a)(8) of the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Student acknowledges that any overpayment or refund received by Student from any loan, scholarship, grant, stipend, sponsorship, payment plan, or other financial aid received in connection with his or her registration at the College constitutes an educational benefit that is non-dischargeable under Section 523(a)(8) of the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Bookstore Charge

You can charge certain purchases made in the CCAC campus bookstores as well as on the CCAC online bookstore if:

  • You are sponsored by an agency or company that pay for books and/or supplies. You will need to submit a contract form authorizing payment for books at the Student Accounts office.
  • You have been awarded financial aid in excess of tuition and fees. Please refer to Financial Aid Refunds .
  • You have excess guaranteed student loan funds. Please refer to Financial Aid Refunds .