HAC 108 - Industry Competency Exam Preparation (ICE)
1 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: 15 HAC credits or departmental permission
This course prepares students to take the Industry Competency Exam (ICE).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe principals of electricity as they relate to the HVAC industry.
- Summarize heating, cooling and refrigeration applications.
- Select air conditioning systems based on application.
- Explain the design principles of duct systems.
- Calculate math formulas based on specific heating or cooling application.
- Air conditioning
- Estimating thermal loads
- Duct design
NATE/ICE study guide
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 3/25/2021
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)