Feb 03, 2023
HAC 120 - HVAC Technical Documentation
1 Lecture Hours
Co-requisites: HAC 101
This is a course in the application of computer programs to acquire and use heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) technical information. Students explore computer terminology used in building control systems, access professional society articles, navigate manufacturer and wholesaler websites and locate parts information and product data specifications. Additional topics include storing, downloading, saving and printing information as well as job searching. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- List the terminology and program applications that are used within the HVAC industry.
- Create and share files, folders and subfolders and populate them with heating and air conditioning HVAC-R-related files.
- Research membership information and educational materials on heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration HVAC-R professional society websites.
- Retrieve equipment information, manuals, and specifications from HVAC-R manufacturer websites.
- Locate equipment part numbers, specifications and part nomenclature from HVAC-R distributor websites.
- Prepare digital files and printed HAC documents using Word, Adobe and PowerPoint.
- Discover employment information and opportunities utilizing the Bureau of Labor Statistics and various job search websites.
- HAC computer and control terminology
- Web browsers, thumb drives and USB ports
- Folders and subfolders
- Shared network drives
- Word and PDF Documents
- HAC PowerPoint presentations
- HAC professional society websites
- Society membership information
- HAC manufacturer websites
- HAC wholesaler websites
- Job search procedures and information
Online learning management system, internet access, NetID from CCAC, CCAC academic email address
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 3/25/2021
- Technological Competence
- Information Literacy
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)