HEO 102 - Equipment Operations 1
4 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
This course provides an introduction to the operation and utilization of the various types of the large, expensive, heavy equipment used in the construction and material/aggregate industries. The student receives step-by-step detail in the proper methods of conducting pre-operation inspections of the equipment. Also covered are the various types of soil and aggregates and the appropriate usage and methods of compaction.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the various pieces of equipment used in the construction and material/aggregate industries.
- List the step-by-step details for the proper methods of conducting pre-operational inspections of various types of construction equipment.
- Identify the various types of soil and aggregates.
- Describe the appropriate usage and methods of compaction for the various types of soil and aggregates found on construction sites.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately calculate quantities of material.
- Perform calculations used in building and earthwork applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to use construction grade staking.
- Types of Construction Equipment
- Types of Soil and Aggregate
- Methods of Compaction
- Pre-Operational Inspection of Equipment
- Worksite Measurement
- Calculations Used in Building and Earthwork
- Construction Grade Staking
- Soils and Compaction, IUOE
- Orientation on Construction Equipment, IUOE
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 09/11/2008
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)