HPE 135 - Yoga 1
3 Activity Hours
The following course introduces the student to the basic beginning principles and practices of Yoga. It will incorporate the beginning principles of getting to know your body, basic breathing, exercising, positioning, and a holistic approach to healthy mind and body. This course will include both theoretical and practical experiences.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply the beginning principles of Yoga.
- Identify the basic breathing techniques utilized.
- Demonstrate the various exercise and positions associated with Yoga.
- Employ the principles of Yoga in a holistic approach to daily living.
- Relate the principles of Yoga to good nutrition, relaxation and stress management.
- An introduction to the concept of Yoga
- Getting ready for Yoga
- Getting to know your body
- Medical limitations and clearances
- Role of good nutrition
- Role of relaxation and stress management
3. Basic Breathing Techniques
4. Exercises and Positions
5. Incorporating Yoga in your daily life schedules
Pertinent handouts and or text as designated by instructor.
Approved By: Flores, Roy Date Approved: 05/18/2001
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)