PAM 112C - Paramedic Clinical 1
64 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: Acceptance into PAM program BIO 110 or BIO 151
Co-requisites: BIO 161, PAM 101 and PAM 102
This course is a clinical rotation which will involve hospital and field application of skills and techniques learned in the classroom. Students will complete required patient contacts and track interventions. Students are responsible for providing and paying for transportation to all clinical sites as well as all other related costs. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Assess patients in specific age and illness categories.
- Perform airway management techniques on patients in a clinical setting.
- Place endotracheal tubes in a supervised setting.
- Select appropriate medications for specific patient conditions.
- Administer medications using correct route, dose and technique.
- Operate monitoring devices to assess patients and influence treatment decisions.
- Patient assessment
- Airway management and ventilation
- Administration of approved paramedic medications appropriate for patient condition
Textbooks, library resources, journals, videos and lab equipment.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/19/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)