PLT 202 - Plumbing Skills 3
4 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: PLT 201
This course introduces students to code requirements for sizing a drain waste and vent (DMV) system in a classroom and laboratory setting. Topics include residential venting types and DMV installation. Conservation materials and practices are introduced to promote a green environment.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify and describe segments of a drain, waste and vent (DWV) system.
- Relate how a basic residential septic system operates.
- Identify drain, waste and vent (DWV) code requirements for residential fixtures.
- Apply drain, waste and vent (DWV) code requirements during installation.
- Illustrate testing methods required to pass a plumbing inspection.
- Recognize the differences and application of various green materials and practices in the industry.
- Residential drain, waste and vent (DWV) systems
- Residential septic systems
- Residential code for drain, waste and vent (DWV) systems
- Drain, waste and vent (DWV) installation
- Drain, waste and vent (DWV) testing methods
- Conservation and a green environment
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 12/13/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)