ANE 221C - Anesthesia Technology Clinical 2
320 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: ANE 203C
This 8-week, full-time clinical experience takes place in diverse health care settings. This clinical experience will provide the student with the opportunity to observe and practice the entry level skills with specific anesthesia equipment. The student will observe, obtain and practice at an entry skill level. Hands-on experience will provide technical skills and further application of the theories taught within the classroom. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis. Anesthesia Clinical 2 must be successfully completed before beginning Anesthesia Clinical 3. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply industry experience by working in the operating room environment for more complex anesthesia situations.
- Develop professional skills that facilitate the job search process.
- Display sound judgment in regard to safety of self and others and adhere to the clinical site’s policies and procedures during all fieldwork-related activities.
- Apply entry level skills with anesthesia equipment.
- Display skills to anticipate needs of the anesthesia care provider and assist to maintain optimal patient outcomes.
- Orientation to health care setting
- Aesthesia team functioning
- Professional behaviors
- Types of anesthesia
- Types of anesthesia equipment
- Patient care skills
Textbooks, library resources, journal, online programs, videos and lab equipment.
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 09/26/2019
- Technological Competency
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)