ART 229 - Printmaking 2
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 129
This is a continuation of ART 129 , exploring printing processes in depth with an emphasis on multi-colored prints.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Convert an abstract idea into a printmaking technique through a critical analysis.
- Synthesize the proper sequence of methodology necessary to make a multi-colored print.
- Demonstrate skills necessary for proper registration of a multi-colored print editions.
- Expand the skills learned in the basic course by further exploring previous knowledge.
- Employ different printmaking techniques to achieve multi-colored prints with similar outcomes.
- Sequence of techniques, materials and equipment to be used to achieve multi-colored print editions
- Application of various printmaking techniques to achieve similar outcomes
- Demonstration of proper techniques for multi-color registration
- Discussion of critical thought process necessary to successfully complete a multi-colored print edition as applicable to chosen printmaking method
Recommended Text: The Complete Printmaker by Ross/Romano/Ross
Printmaking by G. Petrdi
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)